HHMI Newsgroup Archives
LOST TEN TRIBES AND
THE BOOK OF ISAIAH / THE MINOR PROPHETS
BRIT-AM is an ORTHODOX JEWISH Organization
#1) Do Orthodox Jews believe in Replacement theology? NO
#2) Do Orthodox Jews believe in Christian British Israelism? NO
"Brit-Am Israel". (Brit = Covenant, Am = People in Hebrew)
"Brit-Am Israel" at present is headed by Yair Davidy and by Rabbi Abraham Feld.
The address of "Brit-Am Israel" is Yair Davidy, "Brit-Am Israel", P.O.B. 595, Jerusalem 91004, Israel.
The e-mail is : email@example.com
"BRIT-AM ISRAEL" BELIEVES:
* The Hebrew Bible is the message of God.
* Out of the original 12 Tribes of Israel Ten were lost. Two remained. The present-day Jews are descended mainly from the two remaining Tribes of Judah and Benjamin.
* The Khazars were a Kingdom in southern Russia many of whose leaders converted to Judaism. The Khazars were descended from the Lost Ten Tribes. The Khazars were blood-relatives of the Picts who went to Scotland, and of the Anglo-Saxons, and of peoples in Scandinavia.
* In addition to the Khazars, many other converts to Judaism through the ages were descended from assimilated Jews or from members of the Lost Ten Tribes.
* Most of the Lost Ten Tribes migrated to Northwest and Western Europe and their descendants are now in those areas or in North America, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
* We do not claim that all residents of the said nations are descended from Israel. We do however affirm that most descendants of the Lost Ten Tribes are residents of those nations. On the whole they are unaware of their Israelite Identity. Even so in the course of history the Israelite origins of peoples in those areas have influenced national developments and national characteristics.
* The Tribe of Joseph was divided into two other Tribes: Ephraim and Menasseh. People from ALL of the Israelite Tribes congregated in North America but in general the U.S.A. is dominated by Menasseh. Britain has characteristics of Ephraim.
* Reuben was important in France, Issachar in Switzerland, Benjamin in Belgium, Zebulon in Holland, Dan in Denmark, Naphtali in Norway, Gad in Sweden, the country of Finland was influenced by the Tribes of Simeon, Issachar, and Gad; Simeon, Dan, and Ephraim were important in Ireland.
* There is a need for the present-day "Jews" of Judah and the Lost Ten Tribes to recognize each other, and to work towards re-unification and reconciliation.
* Proof exists confirming "Brit-Am Israel" Identity beliefs. Some of the evidence has been presented in works by Yair Davidy such as "The Tribes" (1993), "Ephraim" (1995), and "Lost Israelite Identity" (1996), as well as in articles in our journal "Tribesman". Much additional evidence is available and needs to be uncovered and published. Our sources include the Bible, Talmud, Midrashim, Commentators, Classical Greek and Roman historians, Chroniclers, Legends, Linguistics, Archaeology, and where pertinent racial and other scientific studies.
* Even though much of the evidence has been revealed by ourselves it is not ours alone. Our proofs have never been properly refuted. The basic claims we have made are irrefutable. If one cannot deny our claims and there is nobody else who can it follows that one should accept them. This means that the identity of the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel with western peoples should be acknowledged. Once this acknowledgment is forthcoming it is possible to discuss whatever practical conclusions need to be made.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE, IN DISCUSSION, AND/OR IN JOINING "BRIT-AM ISRAEL", please make contact by Return Mail.
NOTE FROM EDDIE:
FYI: Yair Davidy is an ORTHODOX JEW. He does NOT believe in:
#1) Replacement theology
#2) Christian British Israelism
Yair Davidy / Brit-Am / Orthodox Jews DO believe in:
#1) The Restoration of BOTH houses of Israel in the future (the Messianic redemption or the Ingathering of the Exiles) (Ezekiel 37:15-28) when the house of Israel (The Ten Lost Tribes) join
themselves to / with the house of Judah in the end of days.
Recently, I ordered from Brit-Am and read the first three issues of the MAGAZINE BRIT-AM. The articles and the information in the magazine was OUTSTANDING.
It is VITAL in these days in which we live to understand that the belief in the restoration of both houses of Israel / Messianic Redemption / Ingathering of the Exiles and the reuniting of Ephraim
(Ten Lost Tribes) with Judah and Ephraim returning to Torah is a fundamental and foundational belief of Orthodox Judaism. It is one of the 13 articles of Jewish faith and a prayer for the Messianic Redemption / Restoration of both houses of Israel is prayed THREE times a day by Orthodox Jews.
I would HIGHLY recommend that our newsgroup members subscribe to the Brit-Am magazine to gain a greater understanding of Orthodox Jewish belief regarding this issue. In a recent edition of the magazine, Brit-Am stated that they have come to the conclusion that the primary religion of the Ten Lost Tribes today is Christianity.
Brit-Am declares that this information is VITAL to your understanding of the Bible and Hebraic Heritage Ministries Int'l agrees. Please consider obtaining the first 3 issues of the Brit-Am
magazine and subscribing to future editions.
Yours for the restoration of both houses of Israel,
Hebraic Heritage Ministries Int'l
From: yair davidi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subject: The Ten Minor Prophets: Some Highlights
The Ten Minor Prophets and the Lost Ten Tribes : Some Highlights
Highlights as Summation.
Three sons of Gomer (i.e. Cimmerians) represent three sections of the exiled 10 tribes and do not represent Judah who is separately spoken of. Ephraim represents all of the northern Lost Ten Tribes of Israel as well as the specific tribe of Ephraim.
Ephraim is to the west (mostly) from the Land of Israel.
Ephraim is rich.
Ephraim is a merchant.
Ephraim mistakenly puts his trust in Assyria and other "lovers". Machmad (Mohamot) augurs not well for Ephraim.
Rejection then reconciliations of Lost Ten Tribes. Lost Ten Tribes worship Baal [cf. "Bel" of Celts]. "strange children" of Lost Ten Tribes.
Eventual reconciliation of Israel.
Amos: Judah emphasizes the law, Joseph should be known for social responsibility and justice.
ALL the northern 10 tribes were exiled. Part of the exiles were taken away in ships and large boats directly to Spain, Gaul (France) and Britain. Most were taken to the neighborhood of Mannae where they became known as Cimmerians, Scythians, and Goths. In their place of exile they would be known as House of Ischak (Isaac) from which term came various names for the Scythians and ultimately for the Saxons in the Anglo-Saxon forces. Even the celts of Britain had a tradition that they were descended from Isicon (i.e. Isaac) as will be explained in issue no. 4 of BRIT-AM.
Judah and Joseph are discussed as separate entities.
It is Joseph that has the ability to defeat Edom in its home base.
Edom is Europe in general but more specifically the term referred to the ancient Romans and to Germany.
If we accept the given identification of Edom and that Joseph is destined to defeat Edom then it stands to reason that (barring overtly miraculous intervention) Joseph must be found amongst a people with proven ability to defeat "Edom."
The Lost Ten Tribes were in Zephareth which in modern Hebrew means "France" but in Biblical terms was understood to mean both France and the area to its north and the Isle of Britain.
Jonah flees to Tarshish in Spain where a Hebrew colony existed at that time.
The Northern Ten Tribes had a bad influence on Judah. The inhabitants of several cities in Judah went into Assyrian exile together with the Lost Ten Tribes
Samaria representing Menasseh and in one respect the Lost Ten Tribes in general is represented by a bald-headed eagle in chapter 1; in chapter 5 the Lost Ten Tribes represented by Ephraim especially are likened to a lion: cf. The USA and Britain?
The Lost Ten Tribes were exiled, so was Judah later. All will return. Sun chariots are mentioned which is a phenomenon also known from Scandinavian archaeology. Judah will return. There will be a spiritual renewal and the Temple will be rebuilt.
Micah 5 describes both the Scythian-Israelite experience with Assyria and the future reunion of Judah with the Lost Ten Tribes with the Lost Ten Tribes initially being the most important party. Re-union is a goal that should be worked for. IN the last days people will be morally corrupt. The Lost Ten Tribes will return and take over Jordan and Syria. God will forgive our sins but we must repent as indeed we will.
[MIC 6:8] HE HATH SHEWED THEE, O MAN, WHAT IS GOOD; AND WHAT DOTH THE LORD REQUIRE OF THEE, BUT TO DO JUSTLY, AND TO LOVE MERCY, AND TO WALK HUMBLY WITH THY GOD?
[MIC 7:20] THOU WILT PERFORM THE TRUTH TO JACOB, AND THE MERCY TO ABRAHAM, WHICH THOU HAST SWORN UNTO OUR FATHERS FROM THE DAYS OF OLD.
The righteousness of the Jews (Judah) will be acknowledged. The final enemy will be centered on Germany.
The Talmud (Succah 52:b) says that the "Four carpenters" who will come to save Israel and Judah are The Messiah Son of David, the Messiah Son of Joseph (future redeemer and head of the Lost Ten Tribes), Eliyahu, and the Righteous Priest.
The impression is that:
The Messiah Son of David means the future religious leader and eventual supreme ruler of all Israel. The "Messiah" of tradition.
The Messiah Son of Joseph means the future head of the Ten Tribes and also represents responsibility for rebuilding the physical and military infrastructure of restored Israel.
Eliyahu brings Israel back to their roots and arouses awareness of Tribal Identity amongst all Israel ("the heart of the children to their fathers" Malachi 4:6). We are still waiting for him.
The Righteous Priest ("Cohen" = Priest in Hebrew) is a figure of Melchizedek (Genesis 14:18) and therefore perhaps a leader of the righteous amongst non-Israelite peoples.
The Ten tribes will return.
In the Last Days the House of Judah (the Jews) will be led by a Messiah of the House of David and the Lost Ten Tribes by a Messiah son of Joseph. After that they will unite.
"ARE THE JEWS JEWISH?"
There exist some so called "Identity" movements who do not really believe in "Identity" nor do they really believe in the Bible though they sometimes pretend to. These groups claim that the present-day Jews are not descended from Judah-but rather from Edomites or other people. They claim that the "true" descendants of Judah are the Germans! There are also Negro groups
who say the same thing but in this case they state that the true Israelites are the black peoples! Both these groups are stupid but they do have some influence some times. Also otherwise quite well-meaning sensible people have sometimes gotten mixed up in them. In the case of the white "German"-oriented groups they have sometimes been a menace to us, misled otherwise good people, and also misled the public at large as to thinking that they represent "Identity Identity".
In Proverbs it says:
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like him. "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own deceit"
In other words we do not have to reply to the claims of every misguided or deranged person.
Nevertheless in some cases we should know enough to reply to them if necessary. Sometimes these people can push their opinion quite forcefully at an inopportune moment and it helps to have a ready answer.
This chapter of Zechariah provides it!
Zechariah says that the Jews of Judah prior to their final redemption will have endured a long history.
Of having been persecuted and treated with contempt. "AS YE WERE A CURSE AMONG THE HEATHEN, O HOUSE OF JUDAH, AND HOUSE OF ISRAEL" (Zechariah 8:13).
That their religion will have been unique to them and that only at the latter days will it be acknowledged:
ZECH 8:23] TEN MEN SHALL TAKE HOLD OUT OF ALL LANGUAGES OF THE NATIONS, EVEN SHALL TAKE HOLD OF THE SKIRT OF HIM THAT IS A JEW, SAYING, WE WILL GO WITH YOU: FOR WE HAVE HEARD THAT GOD IS WITH YOU.
And that the days of mourning and fasting that they practiced will become feastdays:
ZECH 8:19] THE FAST OF THE FOURTH MONTH, - Tammuz.
AND THE FAST OF THE FIFTH, - Av
AND THE FAST OF THE SEVENTH, - Tishrei (Gedaliah)
AND THE FAST OF THE TENTH, - Tebeth (Tevet).
SHALL BE TO THE HOUSE OF JUDAH JOY AND GLADNESS, AND CHEERFUL FEASTS; THEREFORE LOVE THE TRUTH AND PEACE.
Only the Jews were treated with contempt and persecuted throughout much of their history in exile.
Only they kept the fast days listed by Zechariah.
Only they kept the uniqueness of their belief which in the Last days will
be acknowledged by everyone.
If someone does not want to belief in the Bible, or to deny Bible truth, that is their problem but let them come out and say so openly.
Scripture itself provides the answer to every question, great or small, profound or foolish, that anybody Can ever come up with.
In history Cimmerian -Lost Ten Tribes crossed Bosphorus straits then moved to Britain. The general explanation suggested is that some calamity will occur. Two-thirds of the world's people (including, by implication, two-thirds of the Israelites?) will perish. Part of the remaining third of non-Israelites and Israelites by descent will then accept the faith of Israel and identify
as Israelites BUT then will come the troubles of Gog and Magog. There will be persecutions and the threat of extinction. Most of the non-Israelites who accepted the Israelite faith will back out and it will be mainly those of Israelite descent who remain attached to Israelite religion.
"In the days of the Messianic King: When his kingdom shall be settled and all of Israel gather unto him, he shall then give the Tribal-genealogy of each one. He shall do this through Divine inspiration. As it says, HE SHALL SIT AS A REFINER AND PURIFIER (Mal 3:3). He will purify the Tribe of Levi first....as it says, '...till there be stood up a priest with Urim and with
Thumim' (Ezra 2:63)...He gives the genealogy of Israel only concerning which tribe each one belongs to.." (Maimonides, Mishneh Torah, The Laws of Kings, ch. 12, no.3).
The Lost Ten Tribes will return. They will accept anew the Torah of Moses.
From: yair davidi (email@example.com)
Subject: The 14 Aims of Isaiah
THE 14 MAJOR POINTS OF THE BOOK OF ISAIAH
The 14 Aims of Prediction: Isaiah: Introduction no.1
The aim of Prophecy is to induce people to repent and to draw hem closer to God. Biblical Prophecy predicts and these predictions can be categorized under distinct headings. Don Isaac Abarbanel was responsible for such a categorization.
Don Isaac Abarbanel (1437-1509) at various times was a minister and advisor to the several governments of his age in Europe (Spain, Portugal, Naples, Apulia, Corfu, Venice). He admired England which at that time was still only a small, sparsely populated country - the USA did not then exist. He was also a prominent Jewish religious authority and philosopher and a foremost Biblical commentator.
He considered the Book of Isaiah to be the most important of the Prophetical books in the Bible. In his opinion the Biblical Prophecy has 14 goals. Isaiah addresses all 14 goals of Prophecy whereas each of the other Prophets deal with only part of them: each one having his own specialty.
These 14 goals are to predict:
1. That God will take revenge from those who harmed Israel. Cf. Isaiah 18:1.
Iran has just falsely convicted a whole group of Jews of spying. Iran openly calls for the destruction of Israel. China and Korea appear to be helping Iran attain nuclear capacity. All the Moslem nations in effect believe in destroying the State of Israel. The American administration is pressuring Israel to commit suicide. The present Prime Minister of Israel appears to be assisting them in their anti-semitic efforts.
2. That vengeance be taken against Edom and "Batsra" (i.e. Bosrah cf. Isaiah 34:6). Edom traditionally means Germany and Rome. "Batsra" was a major city of Edom. "Batsra" was often taken to mean Byzantium. Byzantium was located on the site of present-day Istanbul where Turkey meets Europe. Byzantium -Istanbul was also known as Constantinople. The Roman Emperor Constantine for administrative purposes divided the Empire making Byzantium the capital. Later Rome retained control of the western section of the Empire and Byzantium of the eastern. The eastern section used Greek (instead 0f Latin) and was dominated by Greek culture. Christianity also divided along Greek-Latin lines. Russia was converted from the Greek side. The Moslem Turks eventually overran Byzantium and so Russia came to regard itself as the guardian of Greek Orthodox Christianity and the Russian Tsars as heirs to the Eastern Roman Empire of Byzantium. cf. Isaiah 34;1 63;1
3. The Salvation and Redemption of Israel and the ingathering of the exiles. Isaiah 11;11 18;1 26;1 35;2 40; 49;8 51;12 60;1 65;8 66;1
4. THAT IN THE FUTURE REDEMPTION THE TEN TRIBES WILL RETURN. These had been exiled by the Assyrians and did not return in the Second Temple Era. Isaiah 11;11 24;16
[but stay tuned: In addition to the above quite a large portion of Isaiah will be seen to concern the Lost Ten Tribes].
5. The future redemption will be similar in many aspects to the Redemption from Egypt, Isaiah 11:11 51:9
6. There is a time limit after which Redemption has to come, whether we deserve it or not. If we merit redemption sooner we will obtain it. Isaiah 34:8 35:8, 41:28, etc.
7. That the Redemption will occur a very long time after the Exile. Isaiah 49:14.
8. In the time of Redemption the Divine Presence and Prophecy will once again be found amongst the Israelites. Wisdom and knowledge will increase. Isaiah 11:9 18:4 40:5 60:1
9. In the Future Redemption all the sinners of Israel who left Judaism and assimilated amongst the Gentiles (whether by coercion or through seduction) will repent and return unto the God of their fathers. Isaiah 43:2 59:20 60:21
10. A king from the House of David will rule and be recognized as descended from David. He will possess wisdom and judgment. Isaiah11:1 42:1
11. After the final redemption there will be no additional exile. God will change human nature. Isaiah 51:22 52:1 60:18
12. After the final redemption most of those nations who remain will accept the God of Israel and turn to Zion for instruction. Isaiah 2:2 2:3 18:1 19:1.
13. There will be universal peace. This will be a true peace and not like the "peace" that has become a curse word due to evildoers. Isaiah 2:4, 11:6, 19:23, 65:25
14. Resurrection of the Dead, Isaiah 24:1 49:14 66:10
For a subscription of four issues of BRIT-AM write to:
BRIT-AM is a magazine that carries a unique message and contains information vital to you and the future.
Newsgroup Archives Main Page
Return to our Main Webpage
©2011 Hebraic Heritage Ministries International. Designed by Web Design by JB.